The fun continued on Sunday. We celebrated with the rest of our cousins.
Finally! On his real birthday we continued the tradition of opening one gift before school and then enjoyed cookie cake together that night. Yes, if you counted that was three different cakes and sets of candles. A little much, I agree. But there is no doubt in Andrew's mind how much he is loved by all of his family.
Andrew is our middle child (at the moment) and we just can not imagine life without him. In honor of his 7th, here are 7 things we love about Andrew!
1. His smile, which happens to be missing 4 front teeth at the moment. It is a precious thing.
2. Andrew's bear hugs are like gold. He has always been a cuddler. I am talking about since his first week on earth. I am so thankful for his hugs.
3. Andrew loves animals and memorizes fun facts about them.
4. He is our non-fiction child. Give him a story book, and he'll drop it in a minute. However, hand him an encyclopedia of how things work, and he is hooked.
5. His laugh is contagious. It may not be often , but when he gets really tickled about something, there is no stopping it. You have to join in.
6. Andrew is a spiritual barometer in our home. If we are off balance and too busy, he has ways of letting us know. When we remember what is most important and keep our priorities straight, he shines. I am thankful for this aspect of his personality, because it keep me in line.
7. He is generous. He would do anything for the affection of his big brother, and shares all that he has.