Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up May 6-13

We have had a busy and great week, as we look forward to the end of another school year and the beginning of a wonderful summer.  I decided to step back into the ring of school meetings so as not to miss the end-of-year business with GCSPA (our school's PTA) or PRIDE (our PBIS program).  Nathan of course accompanied me and was his patient self. He only piped up once and with impeccable timing I must say.  Nothing gets you out of a meeting better than a tired baby.

So I plan to continue my work with our PRIDE team next year. I really do enjoyed the morning announcements, monthly assemblies, and quarterly reward activities. (Boy we sure initiated a lot of positive programs this year!) I will not chair the writing competition or Giant City Stories event. In GCSPA I was elected to serve as the Treasurer. This will be a new experience for me and I look forward to learning a lot from it. Glad I made it to those meetings. It was nice to get back into the swing of things.

Tanner and Andrew got to spend the night camping (finally!!!) outside with the Funk cousins in Cape. Tanner has been waiting and waiting to camp out. Everyone survived the night, even Andrew, even though Jacob's rooster was reportedly crowing all night. Obviously Jason and I are not the most enthusiastic overnighters and we owe Uncle Abe all of our thanks!!! You are the man.
The campout was in honor of Jacob's 6th birthday and the celebration was completed the next day with a treasure hunt and the discovery of a real golden treasure. The kids were thrilled with the "real gold" $1 coins they found buried in back yard.

We couldn't leave Cape without jumping in Grandma's pool to officially open our swimming season. It was freezing and some of us only "jumped" in up to our shins. (That would be me.)

Nathan is still content to spend his waking hours lounging on quilts staring at the ceiling beams in the living room. He is showing off how much he was grown in the picture below.

And here he is displaying his new found talent of kicking. He can kind of scoot around this way. I had the thrill of finding him several inches from where I left him this week. Margaret promises she had nothing to do with it- this time.

No comments: