Monday, May 2, 2016

Intentions

I remember that shortly after Tanner was born and when I was a young mother, in every sense of the word, a well-meaning relative remarked to me, "Well Sarah, you just haven't found your niche yet." Thank goodness I had the presence of mind to reply, "Actually, I have!"
You see, being a mother is something I have always strived to do with intention. A full-time mom. A stay-at-home-mom. A purposeful mom. Its more than a season of life.
Even when I was new to this, I knew. I knew that motherhood was not something I could casually attempt. I knew that it was going to require all of me, in order to do it well. And it has.
This life choice has required my mind, my heart, my attention. In its path it has left behind bits of well-earned wisdom, a deeper heart with a much increased capacity to love, and the knowledge that I made the right choice when I decided to devote my life to serving these people that are my family.

No comments: