Tanner, the boy who started it all, turned 10 this past weekend. We were lucky enough to spread the celebration out over a few days and he felt the love- for sure.
On Saturday, we celebrated at Aunt Emily's with our McMullin cousins. Everyone had a blast fishing and roasting marshmallows. Sweet Aunt Tara even made this awesome fish cake for the day.
On Sunday we celebrated after family dinner with the Burke cousins. Tanner was excited about this cake because of the surprise tie-dye cake inside. (I should have gotten a pic though.)
More than anything he just enjoyed the spotlight and the fun of being with so many wonderful people we love and who love us back.
Here are 10 reasons we love Tan-the-Man:
1. He made Jason and I parents, and turned us into a family.
2. He made a Nana and Poppa and Grandma and Grandad and LOTS of aunts and uncles when he entered this world.
3. He has a fun-loving spirit.
4. He is a leader in our family and at school and church.
5. He is polite.
6. He has a quick smile.
7. He has a real desire to do what is right. (This is coupled with a desire to see that others do the same. We call him "the enforcer.")
8. Tanner is organized and keeps his desk, and room and life that way.
9. He has a soft heart and compassion for those around him. He tries to help when he sees someone is hurting.
10. He gives great, quick little, lean-in hugs...just when I need them :)