Sunday, March 21, 2010

House Update

At this point, just the fact that there is an update is a huge plus. Especially as I check the forecast for a rainy start to the work week. I just can not wait to get the house under roof, so weather won't be such a big deal anymore.

Below is a picture of what will be the front of our home. I am so happy that the subfloor was completed and you can see that the crew began framing up the exterior of the house.






This will be the view from the front porch. Luckily, there will never be a house built directly across from us.




This is looking into the kitchen and dining area. Boy have I spent hours thinking about this space. This will be where we spend most of our time and really "live". So I can't tell you about the time spent planning the cabinets and countertops and tile and faucets and...
Last week I started waking up at 3 every morning thinking about cabinets. That's when I realized enough was enough. I'll research the best I can, make a choice and go with it.


Finally, here we are looking back into the family room. The windows on either side of the fireplace look bigger than I imagined. Hmmm, window coverings...

So I hope this coming week won't be (too) rainy. And we can get closer to having trusses delivered!! Cross your fingers for us!

No comments: